Spruce Up Your Building — NORA Will Pay 75% Of The Costs!

Calling all St. Claude Avenue businesses and building owners: The New Orleans Redevelopment Authority (NORA) still has funds available in their facade renew program — they’ll pay 75% of the costs to spruce up your building’s exterior!

The New Orleans Redevelopment Authority (NORA) is pleased to launch Facade RENEW, NORA’s Commercial Business Development Grant Program that supports the revitalization of select retail corridors throughout the City.

Through a competitive application process, Façade Renew will provide financial and technical design assistance to retail property and business owners in the targeted commercial districts listed in the above for qualified storefront facade improvements.

The Program will operate as a matching grant to business and/or property owners aiming to improve exterior elements of their commercial properties.

The Program will reimburse up to 75% of the total project costs with remaining 25% paid by the participating business and/or property owner. Program participants will be reimbursed for all approved eligible expenses following the satisfactory completion of the improvement project. All façade improvements made with grant dollars will be required to be maintained for a minimum of 5 years.

Here are problems this grant can address:

• Removal of vinyl or aluminum siding
• Facade restoration and/or repair
• Replacement of signage
• Installation of exterior lighting
• Basic cosmetic work (painting, masonry cleaning)
Here’s the application and additional info: http://www.noraworks.org/documents/opportunities/applications/39-facade-improvement-guidelines-jan-final-1/file